Tuesday, April 17, 2007

How Long More?



It's either I can be so forgetful or I can forgive so quickly... I seem to be able to survive the recurrent frustrations, which stems from someone's apparent indifference or inability to communicate... For far too long, past two years especially, time and again I find myself running around covering for someone else's posterior... For far too long I've gone into battles alone, settling matters, become the middle-person to pass messages, explain on behalf of someone who's inexplicably incapable of doing it... For far too long, I've been crammed in the middle to the point where I no longer am able to perform my OWN ROLES!!! Perhaps it's all my fault for leaving it far too long... I do not wish to see my charges be short-changed... But that may in itself be a self-justifying image of mine... Self-glorifying myself... How naive? To think that I'd be relieved of his clasp, I still find myself living in his shadows... picking up loose bits after him... What on earth is this? "You are in the position to tell him!", I have been told many times... How many times do I have to bring it up? Why on earth is everyone not happy and it falls back to me? Can't everybody see that I'm unhappy too? Utterly ridiculous! "You ought to handle it better as you are expected to...", I've also been told... But for how long more???

How long more???

1 comment:

Tigger said...

Relax man, bro! Knows exactly how you feel. Always got to play the bad guy sometimes to students, to teachers. They always say that it's part of your job, when it is simply passing the buck and making someone else looks like he is the "bad" guy behind all these. But if you step backwards and ask yourself why you are here in the first place, perhaps all these will seem insignificant after some time.