Saturday, March 03, 2007

Joy...


My Dragon batch Padawans who entered JCs received their long-awaited A-Level Results yesterday...

I sms WJ in the late afternoon, and she called back... She did really well!!! Despite her super active participation in school activities as a Student Councillor, she managed, what I felt, very very well indeed...

I was so happy... It was joy in fact... a kind of joy that's so pure and straight from within my heart...

And a wave of satisfaction came thereafter, after finding out also that several other whom I've taught previously, all qualified to enter universities... They'd be the first batch of students whom I've taught from Sec 1 to progress and reach universities... Hmmm, that's an amazing 6 years that's gone by...

I've always felt deep down that this batch of students would do well... SJ, CG, SK, NC, WM etc who entered JCs, and the numerous others, like BL, EL, CJ, and many others who entered Polys... They all had abilities and social skills which I lacked when I was their age... I lacked the kind of confidence and self-belief when I was their age...

All of them are still on a journey... a journey of discoveries and finding more about themselves, and giving what they have to others...

And it's great joy and satisfaction to know that I was privileged enough to be on a small part of their journeys of life...

No comments: