Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Where is the Truth?

It was once a sacred land...  A peaceful and holy land...  The rooftop of the world...

Where prayers were sent up to the heavens by the winds...  Where the people take refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha...
It is a piece of high altitude land which demands the hardiest of people, the most courageous of humans and the deepest of faith, in order to survive and thrive...  Where mother nature exposes the inhabitants of this land to extremities, its people has learnt to live in moderation and practice the middle path...
Such richness in culture...  Such depth in tradition...  Tracing back to ancient history...  Its people has occupied this high altitude plateau... 

But then in the 1950s, a neighbouring land began to LIBERATE this holy land...

As far as I'm concerned, this LIBERATION is such a vulgar and dirty word...

Who on planet earth has the right to LIBERATE another civilization?

I now begin to slowly appreciate how another civilization in the Middle East develop such immense hatred towards the West... and how unfortunate it really is for humanity, for the oppressed civilization to react in such devastating manners...
And I'm very afraid that the same would happen to this sacred high land...  Their spiritual leader has inadvertently been blamed for starting all the chaos...

But in all honesty and true faith, who really is the trouble-maker here???  How could history be warped just to claim their rights to LIBERATE???  How could the stronger civilization expect the oppressed to keep still and remain oppressed???  Definitely not so considering the manner in which the LIBERATION took place!!!

Tears flowed out of my eyes uncontrollably when I stood in front of a Buddha's statue in a monastery in this holy land...  I could not explain that feeling with words comprehensively...  But I know it was a feeling that I am being completely accepted and that I have arrived at a place where somehow I belonged...

It could be some kind of a connection with my previous lives or something, because I could not otherwise felt compelled to visit this special land...

And with what's happening to this land right at this very moment, all I feel is exasperation and helplessness...  That inexplicable connection that I have for this land saddens me...  

I don't know why...  I can't explain why...

But I do understand that what I'm experiencing in this lifetime is a culmination of my previous karma...

May the strength and faith of these great people pull them through these nonsensical turn of events... And may the Truth present itself for all the see...

No comments: