Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just Got to Hang In There...




Almost didn't make it to shoot the fireworks during last year's fireworks celebration at the Marina Bay...

The show was scheduled to start at 9 pm...

I reached the Marina area well before 8pm... but the roads around the floating platform was so congested with cars and people... Parking around that area were all full...

I decided to drop my mum, sis and bro-in-law off first to enter the viewing gallery, while I tried to find parking...

Nearest available was at Suntec City... I estimated that if I hurry, I could still reach the floating stage gallery within 10 mins... I thought I should have enough time...

But I ended up going round and round inside Suntec City's carpark, finding the elusive parking lot... And when I finally did find a lot, the time had just past 9 pm...

The show was scheduled to start at 9 pm...

I had wanted to just give up and forget about lugging my camera bag and heavy tripod over to the Marina Bay and just meet my mum, sis and bro-in-law just to walk back again to collect my car. I thought I would miss the fireworks completely...

But I still came out of the carpark and when I was out in the open, I realised the show has not started... It was a quarter past 9pm... There seem to be a delay in the fireworks...

I decided to make a dash for it... I ran with my heavy gear... The last time I ran like this was when I took my SOC during my NS... It was tiring... But I just didn't stop...

When I finally reached the Esplanade, just outside the floating gallery, the MC of the fireworks show started counting down... I thought I was beaten to it... I had wanted to just stand at the roadside and watch the fireworks from outside...

But at the end of the counting down, there still was no fireworks... It was some musical prelude before the firing...

Made a final dash into the floating gallery and managed to set up my camera and propped up my tripod... And I made it in time for the fireworks at almost 9.30pm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And why dig out something that has happened almost half a year ago now?

Because I realise I needed a reminder that at times when I feel like really giving up... when the chips seem to be down... when all hopes seem to be waning... There might just still be a way out and a good chance of a miracle happening...

Now is the time to dig in really deep within me, and find that resolve to not let up and continue 'running'... I might still have a chance to achieve... I just need to dig in deeper... And it will happen...

No comments: