Monday, July 03, 2006

Man in Blue, Red & Yellow...


Yes... The favourite Man of Steel in blue, red & yellow is back...

And I thought I've grown out of it...

The moment the by now famous and oh-so-familiar John Williams composed theme music came on at the start of the movie, that awe, respect, admiration, nostalgic, back-to-being-a-little-boy feelings came rushing back...

It's still the same feelings... the very first time I watched Superman I, with Christopher Reeves as the original man of steel in the movie version... Superman must have been the first English language movie I watched at the cinemas... I was still little... Parents brought me to watch it at the then President cinema (the present Balestier Cinema)... Those were the times when long movies were shown with an intermission in between... Superman, as well as Jaws, were considered long movies back then... I wonder if Lord of the Rings would be shown over 2 days if it was made then...

Superman Returns retained many nice moments from the Superman I to III... The new Superman even looks like the original Superman...

Who cares if the story is cliche and our super-hero will always win the day... Superman, compared to many other super-heroes, is the most wholesome among them all...

And our world today, DO need a Superman... a Superman who'll always be around...

Blue, Red & Yellow... All primary colours... the only colours needed to spin off all other colours we can ever imagine...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stayed on to listen to the entire Superman theme music again... as the credits rolled out, I saw these:
"This film is dedicated with love and respect to
Christopher Reeves and Dana Reeves."

Indeed... Christopher Reeves epitomised what Superman really is... a courageous fighter who lived on despite the horrendous paralysis... A true Man of Steel...

(EDIT: It was brought to my attention that the primary colours are not blue, red and yellow!!! See HERE for detailed explanations... Gosh... like that also can... I need Superman!!!)

2 comments:

twenty28eight said...

I think Christopher Reeve is the MAN! Though the new Superman looks like Reeve at a certain angle, I'll never forget Reeve. And Margot Kidder. Remember her? When I was young, I always wonder why the heroine smokes.. Kind of turn me off. Haahaa..

twenty28eight said...

Btw, my nephew loves your video clip. Had to play it over and over and over and over... (you get it?) again. He seems to be so mesmerized by your feet and whistling. Heehee..