Saturday, July 29, 2006

Simply Inexplicable!!!


After these few months, finally managed to get tickets to watch Joakim perform live again...

What an experience it was...

It's been about 10 years since I stepped into Mediacorp's Theatre again (the last was a charity concert back in NTU Hall 4)...

It's such a joy meeting some of my ex-Padawans who have grown taller, wider, prettier, "handsomer", smarter, more mature, cheekier etc... very nice indeed...

It's just so awesome to realise just how organised the supporters for Joakim are... Huge posters, banners, dancing monkey placards, printed T-shirts etc... all held/ worn by every of his supporter in the theatre...

And I got to hold one of his poster as well... very nice one... and if anyone would to wonder why they couldn't see me on TV, look out for Joakim's posters... I was behind one of them...

The screaming, shouting, cheering, wildness that were all around during the show was simply earth-moving... I couldn't help but join in the support... And the moment when it was announced that he's now in the top 9 was simply magical... Great fun it was :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess the only logical explanation as to why I am behaving in such a 'silly-fan' manner, supporting an SI contestant when I've never quite believed in such shows, is just very plain simple... I'm supporting a talented boy whom I've seen him grow and develop into such a fine young character who has a special place on the stage... I'm so proud of him... There need not be any other reasons why I'm supporting him...

Some of my friends and family members and people around me may scorn at my behaviour, but I don't think they quite understand what it means to me... It doesn't matter anyway... It's just plain simple and pure support for a boy whom I've always believed in...

No comments: