Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Jedi's Day 2006


Posted this last year... Jedi's Day...

Come 1 Sept 2006, it'll be the 7th Jedi's Day for me...

Time flies... so unconciously... especially so when I find myself waking up everyday doing something I feel passionately about...

The past Jedi's Days were very fun for me... I always get to assemble groups of talented Padawans strutting their stuff on stage... Jam bands, boy bands, modern dance, skits, break dance, songs... Still remembered having to rent guitar amplifiers out of my own pockets for a group of guys who loved playing in a jam band... Those were guys who liked pretty much nothing else in school, but jamming in a band... Miss those guys...

Then progressively, other jam bands came up... Most enjoyable band I worked with was the one made up by Joakim(lead vocal), Melvyn (lead vocal), Jainthan (bass guitar, Andra (electric guitar), and Shawn (drums)... and I really enjoyed all those late afternoons/evenings in the school hall jamming and scolding and correcting some of the songs they were gonna perform... Don't know if they found me irritating, but heheh, I kinda enjoyed that... ;)

There was only one guiding principle that drove me on organising those concerts... to showcase the talents of these Padawans... They need a stage... and all I need to do was to give them that stage... And they fly...

Jedi's Day's coming in a months' time... Some padawans asked me to play in a semi-formed up band with them... But I'm kinda rusty already... been a long while since I played my guitar seriously...

Maybe it's time to pick them up again...

(JEDI's Day Website)

No comments: